Dental Sterilization and Infection Control
Comfort comes in many forms. Our sanitary standards create a worry-free environment that extends comfort even after your visit. Sterilization and the prevention of illness should be a concern of all dental offices. One of the prime sources of contamination can be water. Our self-contained water system creates 99.9% pure water for use in all treatment situations.
All instruments connected to the water system that touch patients are heat-sterilized after each patient’s use in our state of the art “Lisa” (hospital grade) autoclave. Items that are not heat-sterilized are disposed of and a new one is used for each patient.
Family and Spa Dentistry exceeds the safety and sterilization guidelines recommended by the American Dental Association, New Jersey State Board of Dentistry and OSHA. We constantly upgrade our infection control techniques by attending frequent courses and holding regular staff meetings so as to insure your safety and peace of mind. Some of the techniques we employ include:
- Wearing gloves, masks, and protective eyewear during each patient examination and treatment
- Sterilizing all instruments placed intra-orally in an autoclave or ultrasonic cleaner for germ free use
- Cleaning and sanitizing each exam room fixture regularly to eliminate bacteria and its development
- Consistently using a contracted sterilization monitoring service to ensure the effectiveness of equipment
- Utilizing safety techniques to prevent cross-contamination by properly disposing of all products that are unable to be sterilized
- Sterilization of all dental hand-pieces using Assistina- regarded as the ‘Rolls Royce’ in handpiece cleaning and maintenance systems
- Covering patient chairs, x-ray units, and light handles with disposable plastic wraps
- Using filtered water supplied to dental hand-pieces and air/water syringes