Dental ImplantsAn Overview
The office of Donna Vagnozzi-Bucci, DMD, PC is one of the most comprehensive facilities in the Princeton area for dental implants. We offer complete dental implant services in our Pennington dental office from extraction to surgical implantation to final restoration.
Our team is highly qualified with Dr. David Heering, a specialist in periodontics and implant dentistry and Dr. Donna Vagnozzi-Bucci, trained in the latest cosmetic and restorative dentistry techniques for the most natural looking restorations.
Dental implants are used to:
- Replace a single tooth that is missing or broken
- Restore teeth with significant decay
- Replace multiple teeth
- Anchor a dental bridge or denture
Accommodating and informative. Very professional and relaxing.Richard N.
I want to thank you for going out of your way countless times to correct and fix my two permanent crowns. It is rare to meet a person of your character. I am lucky to have you and your magnificent staff care for me.Elizabeth
I have been a patient of the office for twenty-five years and I’m very happy. It’s so nice being a patient there, they do everything to make you have a pleasant experience. I’m so relaxed and comfortable with them it’s like we’re family. I recently had veneers done on my…Leslie S.
Dental Implants What to Expect
To determine if you are a candidate for dental implants, you will meet with the dentist for an examination and consultation. The periodontist will be looking for adequate bone structure to support the dental implant and evaluating the overall health of your mouth and neighboring teeth.
We will also discuss the cost associated with dental implants prior to treatment. We accept most dental insurance and can help you maximize your benefits. We also offer flexible payment options including interest free financing through Care Credit to help make dental implants affordable.
Dental Implant Procedure
- Implantation – A dental implant is a tiny titanium post that serves as the root for the prosthetic tooth (dental crown or denture). The metal root will be placed into the jaw bone by the Periodontist. The dental implant will take approximately 3 to 6 months to heal. During this time, you may have a temporary crown or bridge in place for healing and cosmetic purposes.
- Implant Restoration – After the dental implant has integrated with the bone, it will be uncovered and the cosmetic dentist will attach the dental crown to the dental implant. The dental crown is typically made of porcelain and looks like a natural tooth. If you are having several teeth replaced, the dentist may use a dental bridge, partial denture or full denture. These types of restorations are typically secured on a few strategically placed dental implants.
- After Care – The dental implant will look and function the same as natural teeth, in fact, you might even forget you have a dental implant. With dental implants, you will be able to floss and brush normally. Routine visits to the dentist are very important to ensure long term health and function of the dental implant.