Severe tooth aches, prolonged tooth sensitivity or discoloration of a tooth may be indicators that you are experiencing root canal decay. Root canal infections occur when the pulp inside your tooth becomes diseased or begins to decay. Root canal decay can be extremely painful and will deteriorate your overall oral health.
Board certified endodontist Dr. Larisa Strelkov works in our Pennington dental office offering her skilled expertise and precise care. Dr. Strelkov’s commitment to advanced endodontic education keeps her on the forefront of root canal diagnosis and progressive treatment options.
If you believe you are suffering from root canal decay, Dr. Strelkov recommends scheduling a dentist appointment as soon as possible. Treating tooth decay in a timely manner increases the chances of being able to preserve your natural tooth. Dr. Strelkov strives to offer you the most conservative dental treatment plan that will fix your dental concern and build a strong foundation for your overall oral health.
Root Canals can be performed in the comfort of our spa like Pennington dentist office. After a comprehensive oral exam, Dr. Strelkov will advise on what treatment plan will best suit your oral health concerns.
Root Canal Procedure
- A small hole is drilled into the tooth making the tooth pulp accessible.
- Infected tissue and nerves are removed.
- The inside of the infected tooth are thoroughly cleaned and polished.
- If infection exists, antibiotics may be prescribed and tooth may need to be temporarily sealed until the infection is gone. Once the infection is cleared, Dr. Strelkov will permanently seal the tooth.
- Once clear, the clean hollow tooth with be filled with bio-compatible rubber (gutta percha).
- The tooth will be covered by a dental filling or dental crown to ensure a durable and long lasting root canal treatment and protect from future damage.
Root canals can be an intimidating diagnosis for some patients and may experience some dental anxiety. At Family & Spa Dentistry we provide a soothing atmosphere with complimentary spa treatments to quell your anxiety. Our spa services come at no extra charge and can make getting restorative dental procedure a more enjoyable process . Schedule your appointment online today or contact our Family & Spa Dentistry Office.