If Dr. Vagnozzi-Bucci tells you that you need a root canal, take a deep breath and remember there’s no need to fear it. It’s a relatively painless procedure, especially when compared the discomfort you may endure if you delay treatment.
Common Myths about a Root Canal
- It is likely to hurt.
- Root Canals require a lot of time in the operating chair.
- Root Canals are ineffective.
Facts About a Root Canal
- One of the most persistent myths about root canals is that they hurt. A lot. However, root canal patients are six times more likely to say the procedure was painless than patients who haven’t had the treatment, partly because modern anesthetics are so good and improved treatment techniques make it a less invasive procedure. What you’ll physically feel is no worse than the discomfort of a dental filling.
- Most root canals take a couple of hours to complete. That can seem like a long time if you’re used to routine check-ups and professional cleanings. However, the time will pass more quickly if you load some favorite albums or e-books onto your phone.
- Many people worry about root canals failing, as they did in the past. However, modern dentistry has come a long way in the last 50 years. Today, with better materials and techniques, root canals have a lifetime success rate of 85 percent. So while there are no guarantees you won’t have problems down the line, it’s very unlikely. We will monitor the health of your tooth during routine dental visits to ensure the most lasting result and that your dental health is stable.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
If you’re searching for a family dentist in the Hopewell Township, NJ and Pennington, NJ area, Family & Spa Dentistry is accepting new patients. Call us at 609-303-3058 to Schedule an appointment with Dr. Vagnozzi-Bucci today to learn more about how we can help you enjoy and maintain a beautiful smile.